Live Butterfly Release
Thinking of a live butterfly release to celebrate your special occassion??
Read on before you order...
We have been asked numerous times if we can ship live butterflies for butterfly release at weddings and other events. Unfortunatley, we can't due to USDA restrictions. The guide below we hope will help you make a more informed decision.
The idea of a butterfly release for a wedding, anniversary, birthday, memorial, funeral or other special event will create a lasting and lovely impression. Plus you will be supporting the raising of butterflies in farms for free release back into Nature and helping to preserve their conservation.
Make your wedding or event the most memorable your guests have ever experienced!
There are many suppliers of Live Butterfly Events who specialize in making a butterfly wedding or other event perfect, also providing a fabulous video and photo opportunity! Read below important points to remember before choosing your supplier.
1. Choose a reliable supplier who can guarantee your beautiful butterflies will arrive alive and right on time.
2. Make sure that your event is planned during warm weather for your area. Monarch butterflies, for example, will only take flight when the temperature is above 62 degrees. Don't forget butterflies take the energy they need to fly from the sun!
3. A reputable supplier will offer a full refund if the weather turns bad before your event. Check their policy before you order.
4. Prices vary but reckon on around $100 per dozen Monarch butterflies, for example. Prices generally go down the more you buy. Most suppliers will offer a 'basket' release for the bride and groom or special event person and VIP guests can release individual butterflies from 'envelopes' or boxes.
5. Remember that you will only be able to release local (USDA approved) species of butterflies.
6.You should choose your supplier and arrange your order well in advance, no later than two weeks before your event.
7.Your supplier should ship the butterflies carefully packed and cooler insulated via overnight delivery.
8. Make sure that butterfly care and release instructions will be included.
9.Take a look at Brides, Modern Bride, Premier Bride, Ritz Carlton Weddings, Orange County Bride, Bridal Guide, Instyle Weddings, you'll find lots of suppliers listed.
Good luck and enjoy your special day!!
We visited in January 2015 amd had a wonderful time
We visited the butterfly farm on February 24th, our last day on Aruba. Our tour guide was very informative and the entire staff was friendly. What a beautiful and relaxing environm ... read more
The butterfly Farm Aruba is an amazing place to visit. My daughter Devon absolutely loves it and we take full advantage of the amazing return ticket deal. We make sure to come mul ... read more
Beautiful butterflies and knowledgeable staff make this a great activity on Aruba. I plan to return.
I thoroughly enjoyed the visit to view the beautiful butterflies while on excursion from my cruise recently. Thank you for your work in keeping an important species (and beauty) in ... read more